As dance studio owners, we feel constant pressure to pump new life and new students into our classes and programs. It’s easy to get overwhelmed, and since most of us don’t have a background in marketing, it’s sometimes hard to know where to start when we’re promoting something new, planning an event, or just trying to boost enrollments.
Use this quick checklist to promote new classes, open houses, special sessions, camps, etc.
- Add event info to the homepage of your studio website.
- Create a separate landing page on website that only has info about this event so that page visits don’t get distracted or have to hunt for the event that they are looking for.
- Include a registration link to sign up for the class or event on both the homepage and the landing page.
- Include a clear call to action and a sense of urgency in your text. Ex. Click here to sign up now. Class size is limited to 10 students per class. Spots are filling quickly.
Create and schedule at least 4 social media posts leading up to the event.
- “Announcement/ Mark your calendar” post 3–4 weeks prior
- “It’s getting close/ Don’t forget to take action now” post 2–3 weeks prior
- “You only have a week left/ The spots are almost full” post 1 week prior
- “Tomorrow is the big day” post 1 day prior
- Create an “Event” on Facebook
- Optional: Create an ad or boost posts and/or event
- Include a link to the landing page in all ads, events and posts
Pro tip: Use the same image across web pages, posts, and Facebook events so that your prospect knows they are on the right page when they click the link.